Ref.: Jeannie Gagne'
Publisher: Berklee Press
Contemporary Techniques, Expression, and Spirit
Connect to your authentic singing voice with this holistic guide to a healthy and expressive singing life. This collection of technical discussions, exercises, and insights will help you improve all aspects of using your voice, from healthy sound production to exercises for greater vocal facility to guidance on rehearsing with your band. Interviews with Patti Austin, Ysaye M. Barnwell (Sweet Honey in the Rock), and others lend their perspectives to singing, the mind-body connection, and a natural/wellness focused approach to musicianship. The accompanying CD supports the practice exercises and approaches to learning new songs.
You will learn:
• Physical, mental, and spiritual practices to help you express yourself authentically
• The physiology of your vocal mechanism, and how understanding it can help you to control and improve your singing
• Critical components of vocal technique, such as breathing, diction and vowel production, registers, tone production, and variations of technique related to differing vocal styles
• Microphone technique, band management strategies, ensemble concepts/technique, and other technical dimensions of musicianship
• Ways to maintain mental and physical health throughout your singing career and life, touching on Reiki energy healing, Alexander Technique, and others
• Exercises for warming up your voice and developing your singing technique, supported by the accompanying CD
• Performance techniques to help you harness the energy of your audience, overcome performance anxiety, express yourself with confidence, and connect to your listeners