Ref.: Thomas E. Rudolph
Autore: Thomas E. Rudolph
Publisher: Berklee Press
Complete Guide to Studio Gear and Software
Authors: Thomas E. Rudolph, Vincent A. Leonard, Jr.
Build the perfect digital studio, no matter what your budget. Creating professional-quality digital recordings does not require buying the most expensive equipment. It does require buying the right equipment and knowing how to use it effectively. Recording in the Digital World provides professional advice and recommendations on studio gear, software, and the latest technologies.
Learn to create, edit, and master digital recordings like a pro with the practical tips and extensive suggestions featured in this guide. Experienced recording engineers share their invaluable expertise on microphone, mixing, and mastering techniques that can be applied in any studio, along with in-depth technical specifications.
A complete overview of all digital recording options, including:
• A guide to what to buy and how to use it
• Practical advice for developing digital studios at three different price levels, with budgets from $1,000 to $30,000
• Simple-language explanations of digital-world terminology and concepts
• Descriptions and estimated costs for the elements of today's studios, including instruments, microphones, mixers, recording media, computers, software, and more
• Objective information and experts' professional preferences on gear and recording techniques