Ref.: Mark Colenburg
Publisher: Hudson Music
Format: Softcover Video Online
A new template for the art of hip-hop drumming
In this groundbreaking book, drummer/producer Mark Colenburg creates a new template for the art of hip-hop drumming. Along the way, he explains and demonstrates many of the concepts used in creating beats in modern hip-hop, R&B and pop drumming and programming – and then shows how to apply these concepts to your own playing.
Mark also looks at specific aspects of drumming technique, groove, and creativity. These include warm-ups, beat patterns, musical swag, performance concepts, improvisation, and chops.
• Over 3 hours of extensive online video
• Nine chapters of focused drumming concepts
• Video explanation and demonstration to accompany each chapter
• Over 325 examples (grooves, chops, and solos)
• Audio examples for each exercise
• Four play-along tracks with charts and accompanying video
• Free-form drum solo video with transcription
Since his breakout gig with rapper Common, which led to work with Q-Tip, Mark Colenburg has worked with Kenny Garrett, Stefon Harris, Kurt Rosenwinkel, Mos Def, Amel Larrieux, Lalah Hathaway, Amos Lee, Maxwell, A Tribe Called Quest, and others.
Questo prodotto non è più disponibile