Ref.: Rick Lawn
Publisher: Sher Music
Full scores and in-depth analysis of contemporary, large ensemble works by six Grammy-nominated composers:
Darcy James Argue
Following in the footsteps of Rayburn Wright's seminal work, "Inside the Score", this book gives a guided tour into the techniques and musical concepts in these six scores by masters of large ensemble jazz writing.
This immense labor of love includes:
• Analysis of the lead sheet reductions of each song
• Annotated full scores with special features extracted in concert pitch for easier realization
• Biographies of and interviews with the artists, exploring each one's creative process
• A link to free software - Orchestrators ToolKit - an invaluable aid for composers
• Recordings readily available for all scores
• Spiral-bound with Over 400 pages!
This product is no longer in stock